QX provides pay & bill services to several of the top healthcare recruitment agencies in the UK and EU. Paying correctly and on time are the critical to delivering a delightful candidate experience. So payroll processing is fundamental to the success of recruitment agencies.
One of the key activities that’s a part of the payroll cycle is downloading timesheets data from master vendor portals is often a time consuming – especially when you are processing thousands of timesheets every week. One the timesheets are downloaded from each trust and hospital, they need to be placed in a standard format and placed into a master file for further processing. Some of the primary issues with this process are:
- Long turnaround time as a lot of time is spent on manually downloading the data
- Chances of errors as a lot of the data needs to be keyed in manually
In order to boost accuracy and efficiency across the board, QX created a Master Vendor Automation process robot that automates most of this process. The bot is programmed to automatically:
- Login to the configured vendor portals of trusts, hospitals or clients
- Download authorized timesheet reports
- Compile and format all the reports into the standard template
- Send them to the master files and verified the data with the information on the CRM
- Generate output payroll file
Once all the verified information is available in one folder, in the standard format, the payroll team processes the data and does the payroll run. It is also possible to integrate the solution with the payroll software to push the data directly into the system. Essentially, the payroll administrator simply needs to push one button to automate the most tedious aspects of the job.
- Typically, the manual process of downloading and formatting the files is 20-25% of total processing time.
With the Master Vendor Automation Tool, this is cut down to the few minutes it takes the process to run in the background.
- With APIs and a system in place to, it is possible to upload the data directly into the payroll software, leading to further efficiency gains.
- Focus the freed brainpower on more essential tasks.